The crisis at the southern border is out of control. And the Biden administration is trying to make it worse.
Because President Biden just pulled security from the southern border in this crazy executive order.
Despite a historic increase of illegal migrants crossing the Southern border, President Joe Biden’s Defense Department is withdrawing active duty troops from the area.
A Department of Defense spokesman has confirmed that, as approved by Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin, the department will pull 1,100 active-duty troops from the border with Mexico.
To prepare for the anticipated increase in illegal alien crossings after pandemic-related asylum restrictions ended, the Department of Homeland Security authorized the deployment of 1,500 active-duty troops to the Southern border in May for a 90-day mission.
Although the number of unlawful border crossings decreased in June, the number of apprehensions increased in July, and the mission of up to 400 soldiers was prolonged until the end of August as a result.
In support of DHS/CBP operations at the Southwest border, the secretary authorized up to 400 active-duty troops to remain there until August 31.A DOD official, speaking to the Daily Caller News Foundation on the condition of anonymity, said that the extension was granted because of a request from DHS/CBP.
Biden first stated that the troops were dispatched to support U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) agents and would not be conducting any offensive operations.
The president instead stated that the troops will assist with ground-based detection and monitoring, data input and warehouse support, and help “free up the border agents that need to be on the border.”
The number of illegal immigrants encountered by U.S. authorities rose to 130,000 in July, after the country opened its borders through programs like CBP One. The Biden administration argued that the number of encounters was still fewer than it had been under Title 42.
Publicly criticizing Biden of “failing to repel illegals,” Republican states have deployed the National Guard to the Texas border as the Biden border crisis continues to destabilize the United States.
The National Guard is being called into service in an effort to replace gaps in capabilities like as detection and monitoring on the ground, data entry, and warehouse support.
So instead of being a part of the solution, President Biden is contributing to the problem.
Sending troops to the area in anticipation of an increase in illegal border crossings is a smart move, but we don’t need to be pulling back until the situation is under control.
This also comes in the wake of Governor Greg Abbott facing a lawsuit from the Department of Justice because of his decision to implement a buoy barrier system in the El Paso region of waters.
Appearing on Fox News after being hit with threats of lawsuits by the Biden administration, Abbott said he would take them all the way to the Supreme Court.
“Texas will take the Biden Administration all the way to the Supreme Court to defend our sovereign authority to respond to the border crisis,” Abbott said.
Texas deployed marine barriers on the Rio Grande to ramp up our efforts to deter illegal border crossings.
Texas will take the Biden Administration all the way to the Supreme Court to defend our sovereign authority to respond to the border crisis. pic.twitter.com/2xbdnViPTm
— Gov. Greg Abbott (@GovAbbott) July 25, 2023
The truth is that the Biden administration just can’t let a conservative Republican like Greg Abbott implement a common-sense solution to problems at the southern border.
Stay tuned to the DC Daily Journal.